Tomato Basil Soup (cold or hot):
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 sweet red pepper (seeds removed), chopped
- 1/4 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in the oil)
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 of a medium-size yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 of an avocado, cut into chunks dash of sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste (optional)
- additional basil leaves, whole or chopped, for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a slightly chunky mixture. Serve in bowls and top with additional basil leaves. Please note: This soup doesn't take long to blend, especially if you have a high-power blender. It should take a minute or two to mix all the ingredients. If you have a lower-power blender, it may take a little longer.
- Serve if eating live or cook for 5 minutes on the stovetop for cooked soup.