Red Beans and Rice
1-pound of red kidney beans
1/2 -1 gallon of water
1 large onion (chopped)
1 large bell pepper (chopped)
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
4 stalks of green onion (chopped)
3-4 teaspoons of smoked sea salt
2 tablespoons of black pepper
1 teaspoon of chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Soak beans overnight
- Pick through beans, removing all bad beans or any other particles. Wash beans well.
- Place beans in a large pot. Add chopped veggies and spices and saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let beans boil slowly until soft.
- When the beans are soft stir well, mashing some against the side of the pot. Turn the heat up for 10-15 minutes, while stirring to cream your beans.
- Serve over wild rice (follow wild rice instruction).