Apple Fennel Salad
- 1 medium-sized fennel bulb, or 2 small bulbs
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1/2 of a seeded jalapeño (optional); juice of a small lemon; extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil (to taste); sea salt or Himalayan salt (to taste); black peppercorns (to taste)
1. Slice 1 medium-sized fennel bulb (or 2 small bulbs), 1 apple, 1/2 small red onion, and place them in a bowl.
2. Coarsely chop the raw pistachios, a handful of fennel fronds, and parsley. Add them to the bowl and mix well.
3. Finely mince the jalapeño and add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
4. Whisk the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl before drizzling it over the salad. Mix well and enjoy it.