Walnut Meat Pasta
- 2 cups of walnuts, soak overnight
- 4-6 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of the sea or Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons of oregano
- 3 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp. thyme and black peppercorn
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup of Kalamata olives (optional).
1. Discard the soaked water and add walnut meat to a blend with a splash of water and pulse for a few times (until they crumble)
2. Remove walnuts from the blender, place in a sauté pan, and add 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil on medium heat.
3. Add bay leaves and sauté.
4. Add desired spaghetti sauce (homemade- no processed sugar or store-bought but read the label carefully. Many have additives, sugar, etc.)
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of agave to your sauce to reduce the bitterness of the tomato sauce.
6. Add diced Kalamata olives (if desired)
7. Add more seasonings to suit your taste.
8. Add walnut meat sauce to preferred pre-cook pasta.
9. Simmer together for 5-8 minutes (pasta and walnut sauce).
10. You can add nutritional yeast (if you desire a cheesy flavor).