- 1-pound red kidney beans
- 2 quarts water
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 stalks of green onion chopped
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon whole thyme leaves
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste.
1. Pick through beans, removing all bad beans or any other particles. Wash beans well.
2. Place beans in a 5-quart pot.
3. Add the 2 quarts of water.
4. Add chopped veggies and spices and bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat and let beans boil slowly until soft.
6. When the beans are soft, stir well, mashing some against the side of the pot.
7. Turn the heat up for 10-15 minutes while stirring to cream your beans. Serve over wild rice.