- 1 cup of chickpeas drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp African Bird Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 head green leaf lettuce (chopped) (romaine, kale, etc.)
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- the desired amount of pickled jalapeno
- black olives (diced),
- any other desired veggie toppings, and cashew cheese.
Ingredients & Direction for cashew cheese sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water
- 5 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp onion powder, or fresh minced onion
- 1/2 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- sea or Himalayan salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nut milk (unsweetened)
Add to a high-powered blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If needed, add more milk to create the desired consistency and herbs and seasoning to taste—heat on low for 2-5 minutes.
(To assemble the nachos)
1. Use tortillas chips as your base
2. Add cooked chickpeas, tomatoes, peppers, olives, veggies, and lettuce on top, with salsa and cashew cheese.