Black Bean Burger on spelt bread
- 1-2 cup(s) of cooked black beans, drained and water removed (mash by hand)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup of chickpea flour,
- ½ cup of bread crumbs (look at the label carefully, free from sugar and preservatives)
- ½ cup of green pepper
- ½ cup of green onion
- ¼ cup of seeded jalapeno pepper.
1. Place all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs into a food processor and pulse for 3 minutes. Add more flour if the mixture is too wet.
2. Pour grapeseed oil in the skillet on medium-high heat.
3. Scoop the burger into a ¼ measuring cup after adding breadcrumbs to each handmade patties and turn it over onto your cooking surface.
4. Allow the burgers to cook for 5-6 minutes and flip. 5. Each with your preferred plant-based bun (lettuce, flatbread, etc.)