Servings: 2 omelettes
3/4 of chickpea flour
2/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of unsweetened nut milk
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of smoked sea salt
1/4 of an onion (chopped)
1/4 cup of tomatoes (chopped)
1/4 cup of bell peppers (chopped)
1/4 cup of mushrooms (chopped)
1 teaspoon of dried epazote
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, nut milk and add your seasonings to your batter. You want the consistency to be like pancake batter-not too thick.
- Saute veggies until caramelized. Remove and place on a plate.
- Return to the heated skillet, add a little grape seed oil and pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Add veggies on top of one half of the batter.
- Wait until it bubbles and firms up along the edges (approx. 2-3 minutes to cook).
- Gently fold over one side to cook another minute. Cover with a lid and turn off the stove and let it steam for 5 minutes. Garnish with more tomatoes, minced red onion, sliced avocado and lime wedges.